Comment on page
helm repo add g2p-sandbox-1-3 #Alternative version of git clone chart repos
helm install my-ph-ee-g2psandbox g2p-sandbox-1-3/ph-ee-g2psandbox --version 1.3.0
helm test g2p-sandbox --namespace paymenthub || echo test
The Payment Hub EE is deployed using Helm charts (the Kubernetes package manager, see https://helm.sh/), so for a successful deployment one needs a basic understanding of how Helm charts work in general.
The payment hub ships with 2 Github repositories related to installation: the first one is https://github.com/openMF/ph-ee-env-template - this repo contains the Environment Template, which can be utilized as the base of a new environment setup. and the second is https://github.com/openMF/ph-ee-env-labs - this repo holds a couple of sample environments with different configuration values in the values file. This repo mainly overwrites the values if required to implement specific configuration values. eg: ingress enable/disable, host values, image etc. and this chart has a dependency on a ph-ee-engine chart from the base chart( https://github.com/openMF/ph-ee-env-template)
Depending on the actual configuration, the payment hub's Helm chart installs the following software components:
- PH-EE Channel Connector
- PH-EE-Bulk Processor
- PH-EE-Identity Account Mapper
- PH-EE Operations App (incorporating the PH-EE Identity Provider too)
- PH-EE Operations MySQL database
- PH-EE Operations Web
- PH-EE-Message Gateway
- PH-EE-Importer RDBMS
- PH-EE Elasticsearch
- PH-EE ES importer
- PH-EE Kibana
- PH-EE-Zeebe Ops
- Zeebe microservice orchestration engine
- Zeebe brokers
- Gateway service
- Zeebe Operate monitoring UI
- PH-EE-Mock Payment Schema
- PH-EE AMS Mifos Connector
- PH-EE Mojaloop Connector
- PH-EE-GSMA Connector
- PH-EE-PH Connector
Certainly all these components have various Kubernetes objects (ReplicationSets, Services, Ingresses, etc). The Helm chart wraps all this complexity into a single package and allows a single-command deployment.
For the first deployment attempt, we suggest taking one of the sample Lab Environments for a test.
- 1.Deploying any of them is as simple as cloning the Labs repository, changing the directory to eg. https://github.com/openMF/ph-ee-env-template/tree/v1.11.0/helm/g2p-sandbox and executing the command
helm install <release-name> -n <namespace>., where release name is freely chosen, eg.
ph-ee-g2p-sandbox, in this case.
- 1.[Note: If you do not specify the Namespace, the helm install will execute in default Namespace]
- 2.Note: The tag in the URL is pointing to v1.11.0 of ph-ee-engine base chart. Make sure that you are installing the latest released version(version control image) image for the chart and not the latest unreleased version of the chart.
- 2.Upgrading an installation with changed or updated configuration parameters is possible with executing the command
helm upgrade -f <Chart>
<release-name> <Values_file>-n <namespace>.
- 1.Sample command for helm deployment:
helm upgrade -f helm/g2p-sandbox/values.yaml g2p-sandbox helm/g2p-sandbox --install --create-namespace --namespace paymenthub
- 2.To delete/remove the Release from Namespace execute the command
helm uninstall <release-name> -n namespace